10 Virtual Reality Predictions
The Game Developer Conference (GDC) was held in San Francisco recently. There were lots of gamers, developers, and VR enthusiasts.
Jesse Schell is one of the people that attended GDC. He’s a professor at Carnegie Mellon University’s Entertainment Technology Center. Jesse is also the CEO of Schell Games.
Here are 10 of Jesse’s predictions for Virtual Reality.
1) Now that VR has arrived, it’s going to be in the mass market forever.
2) There will be 4 mobile headsets that are sold for each gamer headset that is sold.
3) Madden NFL 18 is going to convert to VR platforms sot hat players can experience the on the field VR feel.
4) By the end of 2017, VR addiction will be common.
5) By 2020, VR porn will be a booming industry worth over $1 billion.
6) By the end of 2018, Comcast will have it’s own VR channel.
7) By 2025, most VR revenue will be generated through social experiences.
8) By 2018, VR emoticons will be extremely popular.
9) By 2018, game players will be wearing narrow glasses or possibly get contacts that are able to fit into VR headgear.
10) By 2017, every US State Fair will have some sort of VR attraction for attendees.