VR Karts- Virtual Reality On the Tracks
Oculus Home gets a boost from Viewpoint Games’ first person kart racer.
The world’s first virtual reality kart racer- VR Karts, is now available through Oculus Rift. It is available on Oculus Home and Steam for $14.99. VR Karts using the power of Oculus Rift, it is offering gamers the chance to experience being behind the wheel while dodging missiles and lapping the competition in a way that hasn’t been done before.
Some notes as to how the game works…
- To aim at rival racers and to use a variety of unique items to blow them away, you simply use the Oculus eye tracking.
- The wing mirrors are used to defend your race position and to prevent your competitor from sneaking from behind you.
- Race across several different tracks with up to 8 online players.
- Rookie, Random, Pro, and Amateur are the four different cups on which you can test your racing skills.
- In the coming months, Viewpoint Games will be releasing new content that will be free.
- With the online leaderboards and time trial mode, you can prove if you are the hot racer in town.
- You can customize your character by using a wide variety of different colors and items that are available to you.
For Samsung Gear VR users, they can play VR Karts: Sprint, which is essentially the VR Karts’ Samsung Gear version.